The Southern Indian glory - Dindigul Biryani
Dindigul Biryani is Ekdum!’s take on travelling across the Southern India region and incorporating Tamil Nadu’s cuisine as a part of the offerings. A one-of-a-kind Biryani, this delicacy charms you with its subtle tanginess, the crunch of curry leaves and our special blend of secret spices. This Biryani is an epitome of the deepest flavors of our southern region, where you indulge an unbelievable balance of sour, spicy and creamy in the same delicacy.
Emergence of Dindigul Biryani
Dindigul Biryani was named after a city called Dindigul in Tamil Nadu and is a creation that picks it’s flavors and essence from its old age traditions and spices. The cookery style and secret ingredients have been passed down from generations to preserve the secrecy of ingredients and mouthwatering flavors.
Preparing of this southern specialty
Dindigul Biryani is very different from any other kind of Biryani because it is a combination of spicy and tangy palates and unique fragrance unlike others, which hold merit in one genre of flavor only.
- Our technique of preparing this Biryani ensures that the marinade and every grain of rice absorb the spices smoothly.
- As our culinary experts explored further into the authenticity of Dindigul Biryani and it’s ingredients, to prepare the perfect recipe. The dominant ingredients that thrive comprises coconut milk for rich texture, coconut oil, tamarind puree for the tanginess and curry leaves for a crunch.
- The ratio of veggies or meat/chicken to that of the rice is such that every grain of rice gets the chance in our Dindigul Biryani to be uniformly marinated in our secret blend of masalas.
- Interestingly, both red and green chilies are used in preparing this dish alongside our chef’s secret blend of spices and a dash of black pepper.
- While a meld of whole spices like green cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, kewra essence and pathar ke phool provide it with a strong aroma.
A galore of flavors
High on spice quotient, Dindigul Biryani is a mélange of spices that include star anise, cloves and mace powder that will surely leave you asking for more. It’s a beautiful galore of flavors, where curd and lemon develop the slightly pungent taste to this delicacy and makes it always stand apart from others. With the creamy coconut texture and the crunch of curry leaves, it leaves your taste buds craving for more and more. The overall vibe of authenticity, freshness and punchy flavors will surely mesmerize you.