The King of Biryanis - Hyderabadi Biryani
When we talk about Hyderabadi Biryani, it’s not just a dish but a feeling that we love to live over and over again! What lies inside is not a simple recipe that everyone can prepare, but a culmination of perfect ingredients and techniques to bring out a perfectly splendid Hyderabadi Biryani! At Ekdum!, we’ve left no stone unturned to travel across the Charminar city of Nizams and especially curate the recipe that will win your heart, with every bite, over and over again.
As we talk about the origin of Hyderabadi Biryani, it is a noble from the kitchen of Nizams, and the most celebrated Biryani in India and at Ekdum! This jewel is believed to have originated in the historic state of Hyderabad, as a beautiful meld of Mughlai and Iranian cuisines’ secrets. The dish was incepted by the royal chefs called Khansamas after Emperor Aurangzeb appointed Nizam-ul-Mulk as the new ruler of Hyderabad.
Preparing the aromatic Hyderabadi Biryani
The perfection of our Hyderabadi Biryani’s taste lies in our focus on the smallest details of preparing this delicacy. It’s an amalgamation of our authentic ingredients and a recipe based on years of research. Each and every Biryani at Ekdum! is prepared with the finest and purest ingredients brought in right from the source and recipes that are built on the foundation of decades of years of our culinary experience and expertise. The same goes true for Hyderabadi Biryani. What we prepare is not just a dish cooked using the dum process but a work of art curated with precision and perfection.
- This royal meld is cooked through the slow process of dum, slowly cooking the ingredients and rice on a low flame in traditional brass and copper handis, sealed with dough.
- Our chefs pay meticulous attention to the time and temperature to cook blissful bites that melt in your mouth.
- A subtle play of our secret spices is used along with our traditional mix of spices like shahi jeera, bay leaves, cinnamon and pathar ke phool with star anise and black cardamom.
- These chief elements offer our Hyderabadi Biryani with a royal vibe and an augment the spice level whereas Kewra and turmeric gives the Biryani its regal appearance.
- Secondary, but as influential as the main ingredients is the role played by brown onions, mint, green chilies, garlic, ginger and curd.
- Marinated overnight in spices and yogurt, every component of our Hyderabadi Biryani is tender and flavorsome.
- This marinade with the veggies or meat is then layered between beds of aromatic high-quality aged basmati rice.
We do not believe in keeping anyone out of the circle. That’s why at Ekdum!, we offer a memorable experience of Biryanis that can be indulged in by everyone. Our Hyderabadi Biryani is a product of passion and love available in vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian options like chicken, chicken boneless, and mutton, you can order what you love the most!
The blissful flavors
When we talk about how our Hyderabadi Biryani taste, it’s nothing less than magic! Enchanted by spices and the pleasure of aromatic saffron, this sovereign delicacy is a celebration! With the right kind of herbs, spices, and aged basmati rice, it carries a distinct taste as it is laden with saffron and ghee. A bit spicier than any other variant of Biryani, it blooms with the aroma of kewra along with an array of exotic whole spices.